Friday, August 08, 2008

The Samsung Omnia: Everything You Ever Wished For!

.:Lemme Tell You Something...:.

For the most part, I'm a Nokia user, but if I had to make an exception just once, then I'd best make it a good phone.

I don't have an I-anything, and it's not that I hate Apple or anything silly like that. I just don't see any use for it, and I'm very pragmatic when it comes to my gadgets. I would prefer a dedicated phone/camera/portable gaming unit/music player even if it meant multiple gadgets rather than a mediocre hodgepodge of all these devices in one.

That's why I'm really happy to say that the Samsung Omnia is simply a treat for anyone who wants a phone that does everything you expect of your dedicated devices, and does all of them well. With a 5-Megapixel camera, 16GB of memory, and full Wi-Fi capabilities for going online, this phone can pretty much do everything aside from being your prom date.

I have to apologize that I don't have pictures of this wondrous phone at the moment, but that's mainly because I don't have ways to transfer any data as I write this, but I hope that my glowing recommendation of this phone will suffice. I'm not the most tech-savvy blogger out there, but I liked what I saw: a very smart and intuitive phone that looks stylish and fulfills multiple roles very handily.

It was great being at the presentation in Manila Peninsula last Thursday night, truth be told. I especially liked that nifty landscaping feature of the camera that allowed it to pretty much digitally stitch together multiple pictures so that it could create one sprawling panoramic shot. That, and its intuitive discreet mode that is activated merely by turning the phone face-down.

Other bloggers were also present, and I'm sure they'd have their own take on how they found this phone, but I have to tell you, I'm sold on it. Priced competitively for a phone of its caliber, it definitely is an eye-catching and impressive phone for the person with discerning tastes.

Much gratitude to the people from Samsung, as well as the people from Microsoft, who helped us figure out how well Microsoft works in conjunction with this phone. I was definitely impressed with the potential for this phone, and it's definitely a phone I would love to have for myself. It has pretty much everything one can wish for in a phone, and then some.

Much gratitude as well to Juned, for introducing me to some of the people from Samsung, and of course, to the other bloggers who were similarly there and made for awesome company. I can't thank Samsung enough for not only taking the time out to help us learn the ropes of the new Omnia, as well as for this lovely Digital Photo Frame I'm staring at right now... wow. That's all I can say.

You can be sure I have something nice to say about them later when I'm on the air... in the sneakiest way possible, of course.

No comments: