Thursday, December 18, 2003

.:What?:.

Today was a rather interesting day, no doubt. I guess classes were pretty much okay, what with all the insight one can conceivably get from Theology and Political Science. Nonetheless, what was even more interesting was how the Morning Rush turned out today. The Hot 10 topic was about “Alternate Topics for Christmas Carols”, and the entries were exceedingly funny… and green. I suppose I can’t spare any of these lines, really. Maybe next time, but man, it had to be heard to be believed. The sheer hilarity.

What almost completely shadowed one of the most hilarious episodes of the Morning Rush, however, was what came at the end of the show. Delamar suddenly blurted out that she found Greg (Brad Turvey’s brother) to be hotter than Brad. This quickly led to Greg attempting to call the station, and I could imagine how red Delle would’ve been inside the booth, as she inevitably admitted she had a yen for Greg in some regard. What I missed because I was in class, however, was the part where Boom and Chinggay suddenly carry this on, answer Greg on the RX hotline, and get in touch with him about all these developments. Guess what? Greg will be on the show tomorrow. The plot thickens, no doubt.

.:And We Continue:.

Let’s continue with The Top Five People Marcelle Is Most Grateful For.

2. Abby, *jaded*, and Tsumenki: These are the three people I can call my best friends without blinking. While I don’t expect them to reciprocate that sentiment, I do believe that I still regard them as such, irregardless.

Abby, we all know the history here. Interestingly enough, this has been the first year since we’ve known each other wherein we haven’t run into any controversies with one another. That’s a good thing, I must say. Nonetheless, as she did point out, it doesn’t matter if we don’t see eye to eye on a lot of things. What’s important is that we still communicate well with one another, and we get our respective points across. Things have been running smoothly between me and her, and I’d like to think that we managed to be a bit more open to one another now. I couldn’t ask for anything more from her, truth be told. She’s been there for me quite a few times this year, from the Senior’s page to my Radio 1 Campus Central debut. One of these days, I hope I could return the favor somehow.

I couldn’t blame *jaded* if she doesn’t really consider me her best friend anymore, especially considering we had our share of conflicts in the middle of this year. In spite of that, I do believe I ought to practice what I preach, which essentially means that if I don’t forget the bad, I sure as Hades don’t forget the good either. *jaded* and I have a good friendship, and I don’t believe any isolated issue can undermine that. Friends like her are one in a billion, and I’d be a fool to just ignore that. Which explains why speaking ill of people who matter behind their backs is something I just can’t imagine doing, contrary to misinformed belief. But lest I go on about this, let me just state for the record that I’m glad things are beginning to work out with me and her again, and here’s to having that continue further. I’m exceedingly glad to know I can count on you, and I’m equally grateful you know you can count on me.

And of course, Tsumenki. I suppose she’s the OB member that I really cannot do without. If I had to disappear from the face of OB tomorrow, this is the person I will certainly endf up having for the greatest separation anxiety to deal with. While her sunny disposition belies a lot of depth and inner complexities in her being, it doesn’t take away from the fact that she is truly a great friend, and one that knows what it means to be a friend for you every step of the way. I know I have little to offer her as she has been there, and she has done that more times than I could hope to attempt, but I am grateful for this friendship we mutually treasure. It’s a rarity, and I know it.

And so these are three of the best friends I’ve ever had in my life. I can’t help but realize that I have a lot to be thankful for, even if only for these three alone. They’ve been around for me more times than I can count, and I’ve been able to be a better person because of them, without a shadow of a doubt. Cheers to the three of you.

Honorable Mention in this category: Absolutely none. I have only four best friends, and since I still have one person left to name, I suppose that gives you a clue as to the identity of the top person in my list.

No comments: